Image Header

Monday 26 May 2014

There are some things that can brighten up my week, like getting a new non-stick frying pan that is easy to wash and doesn't ruin my onion egg breakfast. The morning started out pleasant, and paved the way for what made for an enjoyable and relaxing day.

Met the ex-colleagues at what appears to be the next new hangout lunch place for some Vietnamese food, which was surprisingly good and very satisfying. Then Chags and I walked to bugis to the Korean mart for her to get her red pepper sauce. After which we walked all the way to Lavender for Naiise's pop up store which was quite nicely presented but nevertheless expensive.

After discovering that In The Woods and Chye Seng Heng Hardware was closed, we proceeded to a nearby, nondescript cafe called Anythingz cafe. The aroma of a freshly made pot of earl grey tea and calming acoustic music in an empty cafe is one of those few pleasures in life that are few and far between and if anything, this post serves to remind myself to be thankful for these moments that I can pause and catch my breath. Admittedly, I've not been doing much work lately and I'm due to leave for Vietnam next week (woo!)  but it's easy in the thick of things to feel resentful and burdened by life.

I've also managed to convince myself that I need a teapot and a matching teacup, but couldn't find any in the magical land opposite Chags' house where they sell old hotel cutlery and crockery. I suppose a visit to Daiso is in order – one can always find a bargain there. Spent a half hour at her house before Daddy whisked me off to a comforting steamboat dinner.

I wish days like these would stay for a while.

Today is Senja's birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment